Sunday 6 November 2005

EuroTrip (2004)

I do say on the sidebar to the right that I will attempt to view any movie I've not seen previously, which can be the only excuse for sitting through the above garbage.  Perhaps I am too old to even consider this sort of rubbish a guilty pleasure, and if I were the powers behind Dreamworks, I would have been ashamed to put my name to it, but apparently a lot of people thought it was very, very funny; how this can be true of a movie which even includes vomiting in the cartoon front credits is beyond me.  Anyhow, what we have are some high school graduates who have gone to Europe to try to find an e-mail penpal, having eventually decided that Mieke wasn't a fellow, but a hot babe,  We thereafter have to put up with every European cliche the authors can throw at us -- as long as it has a sexual punchline.  Some of the "antics" are right off the radar, including one of our heroes being accidentally declared the new Pope!  We are also lumbered with one Vinnie Jones (how that man ever developed a movie career is one of life's great mysteries) as the leader of a bunch of football hooligans.  I don't really want to be young and foolish again. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lolol@Vinnie Jones if it's the one I'm thinking of.  He was quite good in 'gone in 60 seconds' at least I think that's the film(car stealing), a small part but I enjoyed it. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Isn't this one of those moments that you realise commercial film-making and 'real' filmmaking are completely different universes. If you want the big bucks you have to cater to the masses and serve up a pile of pap every so often. That's how you keep your studios going.
Give yourself a break and miss stuff like this. Sanity is good.

Anonymous said...

Then again in seeing the bad, you can recognise the good.