Saturday 3 September 2005

The Tao of Steve (2000)

I was beginning to wonder if this film would ever receive a television screening, since although I'd heard good things about it, I didn't feel like buying the DVD (and before you ask, I don't rent them). Anyhow it has finally turned up somewhat after the event and was a pleasant enough eighty-odd minutes -- that's about the right length for most films say I.  For those who do not know the story, it is about an under-achieving, overweight ladies man who claims to have found the perfect formula for wooing the ladies into his bed.  It all has to do with keeping an air of mystery and the personification of cool like McQueen and certain other Steves.  He then finds himself falling for someone he had once bedded and forgotten and realises that his rules will not work in this situation.  Unlike our hero, it was an extremely lightweight movie, but likeable enough.

No comments: