Saturday 7 January 2006

Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)

When I wrote about "Elf" recently, I mentioned that the charm of Will Ferrell escapes me and this movie did nothing to rectify the situation.  It's about a macho TV news team led by Ferrell who flip when a woman is brought into the equation -- and talk about unfunny, this film is embarrassing in spades.  The only time I laughed was when Luke Wilson's other arm was torn off by a bear, although I did find the bit amusing where Ferrell's dog whom he thought was dead after being thrown off a bridge re-appeared and talked the bears out of attacking the news team.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry -- you're not missing anything important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this as an inflight movie. I had never heard of it before. I have since bought a copy of it. Loved the 70s thing and Christina Applegate is always hot.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/