Wednesday 19 October 2005

Tightrope (1984)

A Clift Eastwood starrer that I've not seen for a while and I am now wondering what I ever saw in it in the first place.  He's a cop searching for a sexual serial killer but his own involvement in the underbelly of New Orleans is similarly unsavoury. He's also a single dad and his obsession with the case places his two daughters (one of whom is played by his real daughter -- a better actress as a child than she became as an adult) and his new love interest (Genevieve Bujold) in jeopardy.  The major problem with this film, sleaziness apart, is the blackness of the camera work; this, as mentioned previously is one of my bete noirs (no pun intended).  I just hate it when one is trying to discern the action on a virtually blank screen.  At least in Eastwood's favour it was not one of the movies he directed himself.

No comments: