Friday 28 October 2005

The Girl from Monday (2004)

Hal Hartley hasn't done much of interest since 1998's "Henry Fool", so I was rather looking forward to seeing his latest effort.  While my companion thought it was good, I must confess that I was disappointed, perhaps because I am not over-keen on sci-fi as a genre.  More likely the reason is that it was shot on digital video which produced a hand-held shaky feel which I find hard to watch.  More important I thought that the storyline was fairly threadbare; the concept of a near future controlled by a huge corporation that gives consumer credits for sexual promiscuity and self-interest may be of some potential interest, but the way this played out was slack. Incidentally, Monday (where the girl was from) was an extraterrestrial planet.

No comments: