Tuesday 30 August 2005

Night Watch (2004)

I thought I'd make this one of the first FrightFest reviews since it will be released in the UK in October.  It is apparently the highest-grossing Russian film ever and is intended as part one of a trilogy.  Part two is called "Day Watch" and has just finished shooting in Russia, and part three will be called "Dusk Watch" and be set in the States. The gist of the story is that an uneasy truce exists between the forces of light and darkness and chosen "good" men form the night watch to curb any excesses of the creatures of the night.  However the Great Other is coming and threatens to tip the balance between the two worlds.  I know this sounds like a load of gobbledygook, but it was all done with great visual flair and certainly makes me want to see the continuation of this saga. Mind you, I think I need to watch this a second time just to keep my own mind straight as to what was actually going on.   

No comments: