Saturday 6 August 2005

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 (2003)

Words nearly fail me.  I don't want to believe (but I do) that anything quite this bad can still be unloaded on the public.  Subtitled "Cousin Eddie's Island Vacation", this is so far removed from the National Lampoon heyday of "Animal House" that it beggars belief and goodness knows there have been some other National Lampoon labelled misfires in the meantime.  I am only amazed that the publication still lends its name to such rubbish or that anyone is willing to put up the money to continue churning out sequels.  Randy Quaid, who was funny once upon a time, plays the hopelessly stupid father of the family shipwrecked on a tropic isle; don't ask why they are there.  But the biggest embarrassment is Ed  Asner, who used to be a respected actor, playing his lecherous uncle. It's my fault of course for watching. 

No comments: