Saturday 17 December 2005

Ring Of Bright Water (1969)

I am sorry to admit that I have never previously seen this film despite it being shown often on the box -- as an animal-lover Rachealcarol probably knows it well and probably loves it.  The DVD came free with one of the newspapers a few weeks back and I thought I should have a look before passing it to one of my grand-daughters.  Well I have, and I think I'll hold on to it for the time being since the story gets a little sad (a la Bambi), despite a supposedly upbeat ending, and they are still a little young for trauma.  As for the film, I thought the otter was very good.  I also thought that the scenery was well-photographed.  As for the leads, Bill Travers and Virginia McKenna, taking on wild-life leads after the Elsa films, she was better than he -- but I still preferred the otter to either of them.  Probably a good choice for slightly older kiddies.

No comments: