Tuesday 7 February 2006

Cellular (2004)

Much to my amazement since I was expecting absolutely nothing special, I found this film quite watchable.  A rather drawn-looking Kim Basinger (well, she is getting on) is kidnapped by rogue cops who want to pressure her husband to turn over some video footage which exposes their scams.  Fiddling with a smashed telephone, she manages to contact the cel of a feckless young man played by Chris Evans (no, not that one -- the American one) who becomes involved in saving her and her son who has also been snatched.  While the action was more than a little improbable there was enough going on to hold my attention and I was particularly taken with the career cop character played by William H. Macy who had been considered something of a plodder by his department but who could gird himself to action when push came to shove.

No comments: