Tuesday 30 May 2006

Happy Anniversary to me!

Well, folks, today is the first anniversary of my starting this compulsive blog and if my arithmetic skills are in tact this makes the 458th entry.  And that means I have viewed more than that number of films since some entries were multiple catch-up reviews.  My God, I'm obsessed.  But then we already know that.  In fact I have probably seen half as many movies again since much of what I "watch" -- and in these instances I use the verb loosely -- are so pathetic that they never reach the keyboard.  I must confess I do often kill a film in the middle or nod off or try to do other things at the same time; normally I will persevere, hoping for the best, but life does have its disappointments.

According to the counter (and I've had to reset it from zero several times -- so it's only more or less accurate) there have been some 4600 hits in the year -- not so great when you remember that at least twice 458 of them were mine.  But I live in hope and we'll see what numbers the second anniversary brings.  And to those few faithful souls who leave comments, my very, very sincere thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, look forward to the next one. Thanks for your comments on my journal but i am afraid I dont know how the pen works, a friend sent it to me.
Andy
http://journals.aol.co.uk/andrewfrnd/life

Anonymous said...

((((Happy Aniversary JP)))) Rache

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't leave a lot of comments.  I read your entries regularly.  I don't watch that many movies anymore. Guess I'm one of those "lurkers".   I always find your info very helpful and sometimes am reminded of a fav. movie I hadn't seen in a while.  OMG...if you haven't seen "DATE MOVIE" ...DON'T waste your time.  My son got it last night. UGH! There's 110 min or so of my life that I'll never get back. The only redemption was spending it with my son and a big bowl of popcorn!  LOL Take care.
Brb